The Wellington Fire Protection District realizes that in our pursuit of the standard for world-class organizations and top-tier emergency services providers, our employees make all the difference! Thus, we are seeking a team member who strives for excellence in all that they do. The District is now accepting applications and conducting testing, assessment, and evaluation for the open position of Battalion Chief.
Compensation: Salary range of $90,000 - $105,000 annually plus competitive leave, health and retirement benefits.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Under general direction of the Division Chief - Operations, the purpose of the position is to oversee daily shift activities of an assigned work group and include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for daily planning and execution of emergency and non-emergency assignments consistent with the District’s vision, core values, policies and guidelines.
- Requires direct supervision of company officers with continual assessment of personnel capabilities and assignments, while maintaining a high level of readiness to manage in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Supervises personnel including instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; granting employee leave; monitoring standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; conducting and reviewing performance evaluations; administering discipline and recommending employee transfers as appropriate.
- Conducts daily staffing assessment for all stations in District; rotates personnel as needed.
- Provides instruction to company officers; enforces departmental regulations; regularly inspects company personnel, quarters, equipment, and records.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency incidents. Commands, assists and/or operates at incidents as appropriate. Takes decisive action in emergency situations and reacts with calm, quick efficiency in making strategic and/or tactical decisions in those situations.
- Prepares reports and memoranda, and processes records and reports including computer analysis of various activities.
- Position requires variable work shifts.
- Must possess Colorado Driver's License
- NREMT, Colorado EMT-B or equivalent
- IFSAC/ProBoard Fire Officer and Fire Instructor, or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination experience, education and training
- Must be 21 years of age and a US Citizen at date of hire
- Significant post-offer testing and evaluation inclusive of drug testing, psychological assessment, criminal and employment background and driving history.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL application packets may be obtained applications MUST be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
ALL questions relative to the application process should be forwarded to email@example.com.
WFPD Application (PDF)
Battalion Chief Job Description (PDF)
Battalion Chief Job Announcement (PDF)
Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The Wellington Fire Protection District values all applicants and encourages Veterans and minorities to apply.