The Reserve Firefighter Academy will run May 2 through August 29. Classes will be 6 - 9 PM Monday and Wednesday nights, and 7 AM - 7 PM every other Saturday beginning May 5. The Reserve Firefighter is a non-paid sworn member of the fire district that is required to shift 48 hours per month at the fire station in 12-hour increments (up to 48 hours at one time).
- WFPD Employment Application
- Cover letter describing your interest
- Send the completed packet to email@example.com
- Any application packets that are incomplete will not be considered
The Reserve Firefighter is a non-paid sworn member of the fire district that is required to shift 48 hours per month at the fire station in 12-hour increments (up to 48 hours at one time). The 12-hour increments are defined as 0700-1900 and 1900-0700. This position is supervised by the Shift Captain, and duties include emergency response, public education, training and station maintenance among others. Wellington FPD has two staffed stations and its employees work a 48/96 shift. The Reserve Firefighter receives a monthly stipend and will gain firefighter and EMS experience in a progressive environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current IFSAC Firefighter I
- Current IFSAC Hazardous Materials Operations
- Current State of Colorado EMTB or current NREMT
- Current CPR Provider
- NIMS IS100 & IS700 (available online)
- Current CPAT (physical agility test) certificate within the previous 12 months