The Town of Wellington is seeking interested community members to fill vacant positions on the Board of Adjustments.
The Town of Wellington is seeking interested community members to fill vacant positions on the Board of Adjustments. There are currently 4 vacant seats to be filled.
The Board of Adjustments hears and decides on matters referred to it by ordinance and by Town staff. Typical matters which may be referred to the Board may include, but are not limited to:
- Variances seeking relief from strict interpretation of the land use code;
- Variances for modification to existing structures or addition of new structures located within a designated flood hazard area;
- Appeals from decisions or determinations made by the Building Official regarding application and interpretation of the building codes;
- Appeals from decisions or determinations made by administrative officials charged with enforcement of the Municipal Code; and
- Other matters which may be referred to the Board in accordance with state statute or other applicable ordinance.
The Board of Adjustments consists of 5 volunteer members appointed by the Board of Trustees. An appointed term is for a period of 3 years. Meetings of the Board of Adjustments occur on an as-needed basis, which historically has been 1-2 meetings per year. Meetings convene on the 4th Thursday of the month and are held at 7:00pm at the Leeper Center.
Members must have resided within the Town of Wellington for 12 months. Interested individuals can apply online.