- Our Town
- Building and Planning
- Comprehensive Plan
The Town of Wellington Comprehensive Plan is a guiding document crafted through community input to provide a 20+ year vision for the Town's future. The goal of comprehensive planning is to align that vision with expected growth of the community, ensuring the community's values, resources, and infrastructure are properly planned.
Final Plan Adopted
The Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Planning Commission on August 2, 2021. Click here Version OptionsComprehensive Plan & Land Use Code UpdateHeadline Final Plan Adoption Final Plan Adopted Final Plan Adopted to view the adopted version of the plan.
Click here Version OptionsComprehensive Plan & Land Use Code Headline to watch the Planning Commission meeting where the Comprehensive Plan was adopted.
Comprehensive Plan Second Draft
Please click here TComprehensive Plan Second Draft Comprehensive Plan Second Draft Comprehensive Plan Second Draft to view the revised Comprehensive Plan second draft.
Final Plan Adoption Timeline:
The timeline of review and final public comment was as follows:
June 7 - Work Session (Planning Commission and Steering Committee)
June 18 - Public Release of Revised Draft
June 22 - Board of Trustees Presentation
July 12 - Planning Commission Public Hearing
August 2 - Planning Commission adopted Comprehensive Plan
Get Involved! Phase 3 Involvement Opportunities:
- Draft Plan Public Review Period: From March 9 to April 11 the Wellington community was encouraged to review and comment on the Wellington Comprehensive Plan Draft.
- Plan Cover Page Photo: Photography enthusiasts are invited to share their high-resolution photos that represent Wellington. Click here Get Involved! Phase 3 Involvement Opportunities: to submit your photo with your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) as the label so we can connect with you should there be a need. The selected photo will be used on the document's cover page. All submitted photos with their respective attribution may be used by the Town of Wellington for other communication purposes (newsletter, social media, website, etc.)
- Review: Click here Version OptionsComprehensive Plan & Land Use Code Headline to watch the Town Hall event that took place on Mar. 24, 2021
- Learn more: Watch the March 9, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting below with a presentation elaborating on the draft plan and processes.
See what we've heard so far...
- Phase 1 Engagement Summary
- Phase 2 Engagement Summary @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Understanding the Comprehensive Plan and Land Use Code Update process
This planning process will start with a Comprehensive Plan (the Plan) looking at all facets of the community, including but not limited to: managing growth; land use and development patterns; major infrastructure and facilities planning; attraction of commercial development (including development and redevelopment downtown); resource allocation (including looking at recommendations to maximize water supply); transportation; park and open space management; and regional coordination.
The Land Use Code will serve as the regulatory tool to implement the principles and policies identified in the Comprehensive Plan. Once finalized, the two components of this planning effort will enable the Town’s governing bodies in their decision-making, to move policy and development forward in a purposeful and productive way.
Want to learn more about Planning?
2-minute video on What is Urban Planning?
7-minute video on What is a Comprehensive Plan?