Utility Rate Update
New Rate Structure - Effective January 2023
The Board of Trustees adopted Ordinance 17-2022 on November 8, 2022, establishing a new water and wastewater rate structure in the Town of Wellington (meeting recording available here) New Rate Structure - Effective January 2023. The new rate structure will take effect in January 2023, with adjusted rates reflected on bills received in February 2023.
If you have questions about the impact of adopted changes on your bill, we are here to help! Did you know the Town of Wellington has one dedicated Utility Billing Specialist serving over 4,000 accounts? To reduce wait times and provide better service, the fastest way to speak with a staff member is to schedule an appointment online. Once scheduled, you will receive a call from Town Staff, who will provide you with detailed answers to your questions.
To schedule an appointment, click here Version OptionsUtility Rate UpdateHeadline.
- Is the Town looking into grant funding for the needed Wastewater and Water Treatment Plant Expansions?
- If voters approve, can sales tax from Marijuana be used for the water fund?
- What is a sinking fund and is it necessary?
- What is an enterprise fund?
- Is the Town going to slow growth to accommodate for the water and wastewater capacity challenge?
- What is an impact fee and how does it work?
- What is the 2-year and 5-year plan for addressing treatment capacity issues?
- Why do we need an expansion at the Wastewater Treatment Plant?
- If growth was just stopped, would we need a wastewater plant expansion?
- What will we do between now and 2024 when the wastewater plant comes online?
- Why is there a tier structure and what does it cost?
- Is the Town doing anything to slow down growth?
- Does Wellington’s water meet Water Quality Standards?
- What is the difference between Water and Wastewater?
- How do Wellington’s utility rates compare to other communities?
- I need help paying my water bill, who should I contact?
- What is the timeline for the water rates decision?
- Are we raising rates paid by new development?
- What water fees and rates are charged for new construction homes? How do new construction fees help pay for water infrastructure?
- When was the last time rates were increased?
- What is the Town doing with the bulk dispensing water machine?
- What other options will the town pursue to handle the water issues?
- Have you considered incentives for xeriscaping current homes and restrictions on landscaping with new builds?
- Have you considered conducting a long-term plan that reflects our values and needs for growth and community life?
- Are there other options such as joining another water district or starting our own?
- When is the water plant being built?
- Where do we get our water from?
- Can we remove grass lawns to save water?
- Where can we find an explanation of why rates are being increased?
- Why aren’t developers charged more to develop in Wellington?